Based on our successful chainsaw trauma kit, Forest Safety Products presents the Hunter's Trauma Kit. The basic situation is the same: you're off the beaten path, possibly out of cell phone range and you need to be able to take care of yourself quickly and efficiently.
Containing the most effective self-aid tools available to address extreme bleeding, our trauma kit is low profile, lightweight and laid out for one handed operation under extreme stress. Each component is carefully chosen to provide the most effective care while minimizing weight and bulk.
Components are contained in Forest Safety Product's exclusive Trauma Pouch with a rapid access strap. Weighing only about half of pound and taking up only a few inches of space, yet able to contain a full sized tourniquet, its features include:
- Made in the USA
- Safety Orange - There’s no question the purpose of the kit in bright safety orange, differentiating it from other gear you may be carrying (yet remaining invisible to deer).
- 1000d Cordura Construction - Easily withstands everything the forest and field throws at it.
- Multiple attachment points - A 2” Belt Channel with Velcro, locks onto a belt preventing it from sliding OR a top mounted D-Ring allows it to be attached to a pack or gear
- Large Access D-Ring - Easily grabbed even with gloved hands. One pull brings the lifesaving tourniquet to where you can quickly put it to use.
- Elastic opening - keeps out rain, snow and debris
- Velcro detachable rapid access strap – allows you to pull the contents free of the pouch for easy access if needed.
The contents of the Hunter Trauma Kit Include
- 1 Combat Application Tourniquet
- 1 QuikClot Advanced Clotting Gauze 3" x 4' Z-Fold
- 1 Mini Compression Bandage
- 1 HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack
- 1 CPR Face Shield
- 1 Whistle
- 1 Pair Nitrile Gloves
- 1 Re-sealable 4-mil clear zip bag
- Kit Loading Instructions
1 FOREST SAFETY PRODUCTS Chainsaw Trauma Case with Rapid Access Ribbon.
1 North American Rescue Combat Application Tourniquet Gen7 Orange: Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme exsanguination by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
1 QuikClot Advanced Clotting Gauze 3" x 4' Z-Fold : Tested and proven through years of combat use by the U.S. Military, QuikClot can be depended on to save time when every second counts. The hemostatic gauze works on contact to stop bleeding by accelerating your body’s natural clotting process, clotting blood five times faster. This pack contains one sterile 4 foot Z-folded clotting gauze impregnated with kaolin, a naturally-occurring mineral proven to be effective as a hemostatic agent. Inorganic and inert, kaolin is non-allergenic, making it safe and effective to use. QuikClot’s extremely absorbent gauze is flexible and pliable, easily contouring to wounds.
1 H&H Mini Compression Bandage: The Mini Compression Bandage provides a fast, effective tool for many kinds of traumas and injuries (particularly those involving arterial bleeding in extremities). Manufactured with a 4”x7.5” ABD pad, it’s vacuum sealed, flat folded in a sterile, 5 mil barrier bag. With a 4 foot proprietary elastic strap, the Mini Compression Bandage is strong enough to provide compression to wounds on any location.
1 HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack: The HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack provides users with two vented chest seals in a compact packaging for the prevention, management and treatment of penetrating chest trauma. The cutting-edge design of these chest seals incorporate 3-vented channels that allow air to escape the chest cavity during exhalation but prevent airflow from entering through the injury site during inhalation. Each Chest Seal is made with advanced hydrogel technology to provide a superior adhesion in adverse conditions or austere environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants.
1 CPR Face Shield
1 Slim Rescue Howler Whistle: Up to 100 decibels, pea-less, ultralight and compact. Comes with a yellow lanyard
1 Pair Nitrile Gloves:
1 Re-sealable 4-mil clear zip bag
Kit Loading Instructions
Hunters Trauma Case complete with components, Tourniquet refolded for rapid access:
Approximate Size: 5.5”" x 4.5" x 3"
Weight: 13 oz.