Our updated Crew Kit upgrades to the Combat Application Tourniquet and replaces the QuikClot with Compressed Gauze.
Designed to be mounted and left attached to the belt of chainsaw chaps; or hooked to an Arborist's saddle, the Crew Chainsaw Trauma Kit allows you to access the lifesaving components quickly when needed, while not interfering with your cutting activities. Each component is carefully chosen to provide the most effective care while being light weight and minimizing bulk.
Components are contained in Forest Safety Product's exclusive Chainsaw Trauma Pouch with a rapid access strap. Manufactured by Atlas46, weighing only about half of pound, and taking up only 4 inches of belt space its features include:
- Made in the USA
- Safety Orange - There’s no question the purpose of the kit in bright safety orange, differentiating it from other tool pouches that may be on your chaps.
- 1000d Cordura Construction - Easily withstands everything the forest throws at it.
- Atlas46 AIMS mounting system accommodates belts up to 3” and makes it easy to add or remove to belt or gear.
- Large Metal D-Ring - Easily grabbed even with gloved hands. One pull brings the lifesaving tourniquet to where you can quickly put it to use.
- Elastic opening - keeps out sawdust and debris.
- Attachment point for arborists to connect to their climbing gear.
- Sewn cross designating it as medical supplies.
- Velcro detachable rapid access strap– allows you to pull the contents free of the pouch for easy access if needed.
The contents of the Crew Kit Include
- 1 Combat Application Tourniquet
- 1 Compact Compressed Gauze 4.5 in. x 4.1 yd
- 1 Mini Compression Bandage
- 1 CPR Face Shield
- 1 Whistle
- 1 Pair Nitrile Gloves
- 1 Re-sealable 4-mil clear zip bag
- Kit Loading Instructions
1 FOREST SAFETY PRODUCTS Chainsaw Trauma Case with Rapid Access Ribbon.
1 North American Rescue Combat Application Tourniquet Gen7 Orange: Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme exsanguination by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
1 Compact Compressed Gauze: An ultra-compact roll of sterile, high quality 100% cotton gauze that utilizes a unique crinkle weave that has excellent fluid absorption. It is a 6-ply, 4.5” x 4.1 yd. gauze with finished edges to reduce loose ends or lint. Features a proprietary packaging process that ensures the most consistent, low-cube package on the market. The package is a rugged and durable vacuum sealed container with easy-to-open tear notches. The ultra-compact storage size expands once opened to cover larger wound areas. An essential item for any medical kit and can be used to control hemorrhage in conjunction with a compression bandage, used as backing gauze for hemostatic dressings or for wound bandaging.
1 Mini Compression Bandage: The Mini Compression Bandage provides a fast, effective tool for many kinds of traumas and injuries (particularly those involving arterial bleeding in extremities). Manufactured with a 4 x 6 inch non-adherent pad with a 42 in. elastic bandage. It has both hook & loop as well as a sturdy C-Clip closure to hold the dressing in place. The bandage is sterile unless opened or damaged.
1 CPR Face Shield
1 Slim Rescue Howler Whistle: Up to 100 decibels, pea-less, ultralight and compact. Comes with a yellow lanyard
1 Pair Nitrile Gloves:
1 Re-sealable 4-mil clear zip bag
Kit Loading Instructions
Trauma Case complete with components, Tourniquet refolded for rapid access:
Approximate Size: 5.5”" x 4.5" x 3"
Weight: 11 oz.